14 May 2012

Widgets

Wheatgrass Grows On Bio Computer Using Its Heat!

bio computer
Copyrights (c) TotalGeekDom.com
Mike Schropp, a computer geek since his teenage, created a mini garden on the top of his computer case. The computer is a working one and one thing amazing about it is that it grows wheatgrass.

"I can't exactly recall when the idea came to me but at some point I started wanting to use the heat from a computer as a way to warm the soil and help with germination," Mike said. 

He opted for wheatgrass because it's natural and looks clean but finding a computer for this project was No.1 on the list. He had many donated computers in his room and so he cobbled them together with various components to assemble this bio computer. 

The growing grass brings a bit of nature into a sterile and artificial workplace. Mike also has plans to experiment with flowers someday. 

"For the computer itself I ended up installing Windows as well as Linux in a dual boot setup. Since the computer was going to be used by my son as something to play with I figured I should put both on there so he can tinker with them and learn as he goes." Mike proudly said. 

Below are the specifications of the system.

System Specifications

Processor: Pentium 4 Processor

RAM: 2 sticks of 2 GB

Hard Drive: Maxtor 120 GB

Motherboard: Dell

Power Supply: Old FPS power supply

Casing (Tower): Donated

Tubing: 4 tubes for grass and soil

If you want to know how he created this bio computer then check his website where he gives a detailed tutorial. If you liked this system, please share your opinions with us in the comment box below. We'll be glad to read it.

Peace and Blessing Pals :)